On the 7th and 8th June 2018 the annual International Conference on Ophthalmology "East-West" takes place in Ufa. The title of our conference is completely justified, because ophthalmologists from all over the world are continually taking part. Countries of the East were repeatedly represented by leading specialists from Japan, India, Singapore, Malaysia and Pakistan. Representation by famous ophthalmologists from Western countries - Austria, Great Britain, Germany, Italy, USA, Switzerland, etc. is very wide. The number of foreign participants at the conference increases annually, for example, in 2017, ophthalmologists from Portugal and Nigeria joined. Every year ophthalmologists from Russia take part in the conference - from Moscow and St. Petersburg to Vladivostok and the near abroad (Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine).
Diverse themes of the East-West conference enable participants to find answers to questions that arise in their professional activities, present their views on the problems of ophthalmology and communicate with colleagues from other regions and countries.
Still, the highlight of the conference remains "live surgery" with new technologies and nuances of surgical treatment of the most common eye diseases. Operations for demonstration, including cases of complicated cataract in the pathology of the posterior eye, undeniably draw the attention of practical doctors.
The distinction of the International Conference "East-West" from other Russian ophthalmological forums is the opportunity to participate in short-term courses on the WETLAB system, including courses on femto and facet femtosurgery, cataract phacoemulsification and intravitreal administration of drugs.
Traditionally, leading domestic and foreign companies will take place in a specialized exhibition of medical equipment and products during the event.
The conference allows participants to broaden their horizons and erudition, exchange experience and promote recent advances in ophthalmology into medical practice.
Mukharram Bikbov, MD, PhD
Professor of Ophthalmology;
- First Vice-president, Russian Ophthalmology Society;
- Director, Ufa Eye Research Institute;
- Associate Member of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Bashkortostan;
- Honoured Doctor of the Russian Federation; Honoured Doctor of the Republic of Bashkortostan;
- Chief Ophthalmologist of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Bashkortostan;
- Member of the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Bashkortostan;
- Chairman of the Bashkir regional branch of Russian Society of Ophthalmologists;
- President of the Regional Office of Interregional public organization in the Republic of Bashkortostan "Association of ophthalmologists";
- Member of the Expert Council of the Russian Glaucoma Society.